Unified Product and Component Portal for the rocket and space industry
The authentic SOKOL KV-2 spacesuits of actress Yulia Peresild, film director Klim Shipenko and actress Alyona Mordovina, who were members of the main (Peresild, Shipenko) and backup (Mordovina) crew of the Soyuz MS-19 mission, are available for purchase on the Glavkosmos web portal. The spacesuits were used during the flight to the International Space Station (ISS) and for filming a full-length feature film “The Challenge” which is the first movie ever shot in space.
The set of each SOKOL KV-2 spacesuit includes: an emergency rescue spacesuit; gloves; a soft leather helmet; a spaceflight suit that includes insulated socks and shoe covers; pre-launch shoes (gray leather boots); a spacesuit bag (for the flight); a set of knitted underwear (sweatshirt and long pants).
The spacesuits are in perfect condition and may be used as showpieces in museums and in private collections, as filming props and for other purposes.
On October 5, 2021, at 11:55:02 Moscow time, the Soyuz-2.1LV with the Soyuz MS-19 transport crewed spacecraft was successfully launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome as part of the scientific and educational project “The Challenge”. The flight of the crewed spacecraft was performed in the so-called superfast flight mode, which allowed it to reach ISS in 3 hours and 17 minutes after launch.
The project “The Challenge” included:
- selection, training and the flight to the International Space Station of the two spaceflight participants;
- training of the two backup crewmembers;
- preparation and certification of the filmmaking equipment, its delivery to the ISS and creation of a number of audiovisual works, including a series of documentaries about the perspective tasks of the Russian cosmonautics;
- release of a series of TV programs about the selection of the spaceflight participants and their preparation for the flight;
- release of a full-length feature film “The Challenge”.